What do you do when your beautiful bag's straps, edges or handles start to fray with wispy loose strings? Here's a tutorial on how to fix this cosmetic flaw.
This beautiful Balenciaga moto bag's handles are beginning to fray on the edges. Thankfully, it's super easy to rejuvenate the well-loved handles and edges.
1. Bag with fraying handles or straps
2. Edge Kote in the color of your bag or in neutral
3. Small paint brush or many q-tips
5. Leather repair kit (not needed if Edge Kote comes in the color that your bag is in)
1. Trim off any loose threads carefully with sharp scissors.
2. Paint the edges with Edge Kote. If your bag is in a color that Edge Kote does not come in (black, brown, tan, etc), make the bag color by mixing the paint colors in this repair kit with neutral-colored Edge Kote before painting the edges.
3. Allow to dry.
And, that's it! Handbag straps are nicer just like that!
This repair can be completed on any similar edges. The same steps were applied on the edges of the bag. It was also experiencing some fraying. As you can see the result is quite an improvement. :)
Hope you found this tutorial helpful. Long live beautiful bags!!