Because resale prices can be so discounted, getting repairs done by the designer store can cost close to the cost of the bag itself! Plus, the time it takes for repair can be very long. This tutorial, using a Louis Vuitton bag, shows how to fix a broken strap quickly and easily.
This adorable Louis Vuitton blois bag has an unfortunate torn shoulder strap.
When straps tear, it's usually near a bottom loop. Thankfully, this can fixed easily with just a few items.
1. A small thin leather strip
2. Gorilla super glue- This stuff is amazing. Super strong. This is also my new favorite glue for strassing. It is way better than E-6000 or Gem-tac glue.
4. A small clamp
1. First, ensure that the small leather strip is the correct size and length. Then, fold it where the strap should re-attach.
2. Apply the Gorilla super glue all over the inside of the loop of the broken strap. Make sure that the torn edge also receives some glue.
3. Then, wrap the broken strap loop around the small leather piece as seen in the above picture. The small leather piece should fold where the original tear is, so it creates a closed loop.
4. Clamp the area for 24 hours.
And, then, it's fixed! The repair is quite unnoticeable and very sturdy! Time to take this pretty little bag out for another whirl! :)